Published on March 25th, 2011 | by Genevieve Williams0
Chantilly Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes
C.N.A. Meeting Minutes – Tuesday, March 22, 2011
When: 7:15 – 8:00pm
Where: Chantilly Hall (the gym of the old Catholic school on Shenandoah)
Note: You must be a member to Vote
Approximately 20-25 members attended
1. The Chantilly Beat (Dec Crime Stats)
- Officer Sprague could not attend. Kristen gave us a brief update. We continue to see a lower rate of crime as overall stats are good. Please be aware of “magazine” solicitors.
2. Approve minutes from last meeting
- Minutes were approved by attendees
3. Treasurer’s Report
- $7071 in the account and 5 new members since January’s meeting
4. Meeting Dates for 2011:
November 29 (Note: avoid TG week, and accommodate Yuletide Plant Distribution)
5. Committee reports:
Social – Sarah Richardson
Request for authorization to spend up to $1000.
- Spring Fling date May 21st 4-8pm at the Chantilly Park. $1000 request approved.
- Nate & Craig may do BBQ
Newsletter planned for April
Request for authorization for Printing the newsletter ($???)
- $300 was approved for newsletter printing
ichantilly.org (check it out! Thanks to William McKee)
- William is beginning to migrate info on to our new site. It is unsure at this time if we will be able to migrate the “list serve”.
6. New Business (issues)
a) Shall CNA take a position apposing NC House bill S.183 – the “Billboard Bill”? This bill would allow electronic billboards in our state, override community regulations regarding their location and appearance. (see iChantily email list post)
-“The Chantilly Neighborhood Association, having taking a vote of the membership at a regular membership meeting, wishes to go on record apposing house Bill S.183, which would override community regulations of billboards.”
b) Shall CNA take a position apposing a change in Charlotte noise ordinance with would prevent outdoor music at establishments like those at 7th and Pecan? (see iChantily email list post)
- “The Chantilly Neighborhood Association, having taking a vote of the membership at a regular membership meeting wishes to go a record apposing the change in Charlotte noise ordinances that would prevent live outdoor music location neighbor restaurants and bars.”
c) Shall CNA take a position apposing the element of the new Housing Location Policy which would allow for unlimited conversion of multi-family housing units to section 8 housing without even a hearing in which neighbors might be able to voice objections? (see iChantily email list post)
- “The Chantilly Neighborhood Association, having taking a vote of the membership at a regular membership meeting wishes to go on record apposing the change in Housing Location Policy which would allow for unlimited conversion of multi-family housing units to section 8 housing without hearings in which neighbors might be able to voice objections?”
Some have asked, what do dues pay for? Below is a list of some of things we have used can funds for recently: (Bate that all expenditures must be approved by a vote of the membership at a CNA meeting).
- Charlotte Checkers game
- April Picnic at the Park
- Spring Fling
- October Picnic at the Park Fall
- Tree banding
- Web page hosting (it ain’t great but we could improve it with volunteers to help)